Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Update - Love and Respect

[Readers - the following letter is an update I received.  The original column was titled "Love and Respect" - it posted June 12, 2009.  You can read the original letter and response by clicking HERE.]


Dear Bro Jo,

So you asked me to keep you posted...

I talked to my bishop the very next day, and we got that cleared up. I also spoke to my Dad who gave me some sound words of counsel and a blessing from my Heavenly Father.

Bishop asked to see both of us together and strongly encouraged him to have the discussions. He agreed to start the discussions - so i and a whole heap of family and friends fasted together that he may feel the spirit and know of the truth of the gospel. Since then we have had some AMAZING spiritual experiences! I never could have thought it possible! It is so amazing!

He is now excited to be preparing for baptism on the 30th August! We are also to be married early December, with the goal of being able to go to the temple in a year’s time to be sealed for time and all eternity.

Thank you for not asking me to choose. I cannot tell you what affect your words of counsel had on my life - although you might possibly understand! Since May I have been blessed to receive my patriarchal blessing and am able to feel the spirit frequently.

Thank you so much - I hope the Lord continues to bless you and your loved ones for everything you do for young people like me...

- Your Friend


Dear Friend,

That's wonderful!

Thank you for the kind words and for following up.

Blessings back at ya,

- Bro Jo


Dear Friend,

It just dawned on me after sending that last letter that the Baptism is scheduled for today!

Very excited for you both!

- Bro Jo


Dear Bro Jo,

The baptism was amazing, it was so special - especially because my dad performed it and he had also done mine :)

Thanks for everything again - you and your inspired advice.

May God continue to bless,

Your Friend

No comments: