Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blindsided by the Girl of His Dreams - Part 2

Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you for your advice.

I have, I think, gone through that process that you described in your business affairs.

The feelings of anger, confusion and betrayal have come and gone.

Who knows whether or not in the future she'll feel like she should give us another shot.


You must have read my mind when you said that I need to realize that she called it off, and that means it is off. There's nothing I can do to make a relationship work if I'm the only side wanting it.


I was actually going to ask whether or not I should try and get back with her.

Thank you for that. I don't know why the Lord would have said that it's not right for us to be together, and I don't know if I will ever know.

But this has been a kind of shocker and wake-up call to those areas of my life that I need to improve.

In that aspect I'm grateful. In a couple months I'm sure I'll probably be grateful that she called it off so soon instead of giving me time to fall in love with her and be truly hurt.

I also don't think I would have ever asked the right questions either.

Your insight will be super useful in asking the right questions in the future.

Just a side note: she said there's nothing I did or didn't do that helped her reach this conclusion, nor is there anything I could change to better go about dating anyone in the future.

This was a bit enlightening, because it either means she's lying to me, or I'm kind of good at this whole dating thing.

The hardest thing for me now will be having to stop talking to her.

I legitimately enjoy her company, and even now she makes me laugh.

This is the worst part.

But thank you for helping me understand this a little better.

- Blindsided




Dear Blindsided,

I totally understand.

Hope things have gotten better.

- Bro Jo

No comments: