Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, March 16, 2018

Getting Motivated to Date Again (part 3 of 3)

Dear Bro Jo,

Very sound advice and a great perspective to take as I attempt to step away for dating as I've imagined it.

Man, you aren't giving me a lot of wiggle room to stop dating a girl. I do see the more grand design behind this idea though. The detailed approach was very helpful, thanks for providing step-by-step instructions. I'll get to work with thinking on potential girls. I haven't made many quality friends in my short time in (location withheld), so I may need to call on my Bishop for some guidance to find some local girls.

Once again, know of my appreciation for your thoughtful and insightful response. I'll be sure to report on my experience.

Thanks again,

- Motivated




Dear Readers,

While I'm not entirely certain, I do think the young man that sent these emails is now married.

Regardless, while we know dating, even when we're old enough to be Serious Single Dating, can be scary and intimidating . . . it doesn't really need to be.

Yes, dating prepares us for many important things, including Eternal Marriage, it's also supposed to be fun!

The key is that while the RESULTS can be serious (meaning important), not to take ourselves OR those First Few Dates too seriously.

Enjoy!

Best,

- Bro Jo

No comments: