Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

They Guys That Are Asking Her Out Are Just a Little Older Than She'd Like

Hey Bro Jo,

So I was just curious about something and thought maybe you could shed some light.

So I am 19 years old and I live around the Rexburg area.

The thing I'm curious about is I get asked out pretty often but it always is guys who are much older than me.

Since I have finished high school only one guy that was close to my age has asked me on a date and he was 21 so he was still older.  All of the guys who have asked me out besides that have all been over 25.

Now I'm not trying to complain really its nice going out with guys who know what they want and have things with life kind of figured out.

I go on dates pretty often so I'm not worried about that I'm just trying to see how I can widen my dating pool.

I have guys talk to me that are closer to my age and they flirt but never seem to ask me out.

Is there a reason why?

What can I change?

- C




Dear C,

I think you should ask them.

Seriously.

I think you should say to these younger guys "hey, we flirt all the time, how come you never ask me out?"

Of course the truth may be that they're just not as smart as the older guys . . . but the answer the younger guys give may be quite enlightening.

Let me know what they say.

- Bro Jo

PS:  If you're 20, I don't think a guy who's 25 is too old for you.  There is something to be said when a girl who's marrying age is being sought after by guys who are old enough to have things planned and some of life figured out.

No comments: