Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cheesy Wednesdays: Remember that Guy? - Part 1

Dear Bro Jo,

Remember how forever ago I had that one friend who I wanted to leave me alone but he wouldn't?

Well here's another question about him... I'm really worried about him but I have no idea what to do.

Long story short(er). Years ago he had many problems with anorexia and OCD. They got so bad he was hospitalized for a few months

He got better.

He met me

He was way overbearing

He started to leave me alone

I set him up with Mac

He turned in his mission papers

Church says he needs to visit with a therapist before they will send him his call

Mac thinks she is in love

He meets a girl and they think they are in love

OCD problems really start to show

Today at a football game my dad ran into him.

And I think the easiest way to explain the outcome is to send you the texts.

Dad said you are engaged?! 
I am married actually! :) my eternal companion (Name Withheld) is perfect! She is amazing fun adventurous sweet thoughtful magnificent my perfect other half exciting loving kind zealous virtuous dedicated loyal my perfect eternal companion my perfect eternal Queen my perfect eternal best friend! She and I will be sealed in the true temple and are now together for all eternity!!!!!!! 
You are married? What about your mission? 
My darling eternal companion and I are together for all eternity! We will be sealed in the temple! She will wait for me and we will be sealed in the true Temple for all time and all eternity! Her and mine's eternity is together and we will make it to the Celestial Kingdom in the highest degree of glory exaltation sealed together as eternal companions! Absopositainly beautiful and perfect that is and my girl and I are!!!! We know it! We are 150% certain! No doubt at all!!!! We know! These are perfect eternal truths and facts! :) Serving well and fully!!!! Where when I will be receiving my mission call next week or next possibly!! Wahooo! 
Does she know she is your eternal companion? 
Absolutely positively certainly! No doubt and 150% certain!!!! 


I really think he has lost it.

I worry he isn't going to get to go on a mission.

Dad said he was saying the same things in person.

Is there anything I can to to help him out?

Or should I stay out of this all together?

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

Stay out of it, stay away from the dude, and thank heavens Mac doesn't have to worry about him, either.

 - Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Is there anything I can do to help the girl out?

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

Who, Mac?

 - Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

His "eternal companion"

I have a feeling she is stuck in the same place I felt stuck in with him, but worse.

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

You're probably right about her being stuck.

IF he's telling the truth. And it's very likely he's not (how could he be???  He's married . . . but he's getting his mission call . . . they've been Sealed . . . they haven't been Sealed yet . . . they're "Eternal Companions", but no wedding yet . . . ).

Correct?

Either way, it's not our business nor right to meddle in other people's lives, giving advice, if they don't ask for it.

If she were to come to you and ask, that's one thing.

Or maybe if she was a close friend or relative . . .

And even then you should proceed very cautiously.

No one likes to be told their an idiot.

For now, I think you should mind your own business.

And maybe thank the Lord that you didn't end up with this nut.

 - Bro Jo

1 comment:

Laura said...

One of the only things you CAN do is pray. Pray fervently.
I've come across a fair amount of nuts. I've seen them get into terrible, awful, sticky situations. It is so hard to watch and not be able to intervene or put my two cents in.
Don't get involved.
But pray to Heavenly Father.