Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Is This Love? - Part 2

Dear Bro Jo,

    Thank you so much for answering this. I'm realizing more and more that I really do love her.

    What you said about infatuation has really struck out to me because all I really have to compare this relationship to is an experience that I had before this relationship started.

     I went on 3 dates with another girl and whenever I was around her, I had that butterfly feeling in my stomach. It was so strong that it was difficult to eat around her or even trying to fall asleep was hard because I was always thinking about her. I wanted us to have a relationship, but she didn't, so it ended.

     What you've said, and a lot of thinking, has made it clear in my mind that I was infatuated with her. But because of my lack of experience, I've been expecting that feeling in my current relationship.

    However, I'm beginning to discern that what I had previously for this other girl and what I have now for the amazing girl that I'm dating, are two different things. I did not love the girl that I dated 3 times. It was powerful, but short lived.

    I do love the girl that I am dating now. I feel that I would do anything for her if she needed me to. I know that what I have now is much longer lasting and I can't wait to see where our relationship goes :D

Sincerely,

- Love Seeker




Dear Seeker,

Brilliant.

Good luck, God bless, and keep us posted!

- Bro Jo

No comments: