Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Casual Group Dating and Attraction

Dear Bro Jo,

I started reading your blog recently, and I think your advice is great, so I just had a quick question for you.

I am 15 years old, and I am very excited to start going on Casual Group Dates when I turn 16 in May! My question is, is it OK that I'm really only attracted to older guys (1-3 years older)? I don't know if it's maturity issues or what, but I really am just not interested in boys my age. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I have 2 older brothers (3 and 5 years older) that I am really close to?

--Slightly Confused



Dear Slightly,

It might have something to do with the older siblings . . . but Casual Group Dating is not about only going out with guys you have the hots for. Any guy who's not scary, even though he may not be someone you're attracted to, who plans a good Casual Group Date and is willing to follow the rules and hold to your standards is worthy of going out with should he ask.

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you have fun!

- Bro Jo

No comments: