Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

One Girl's Story - Part 11: The End. And the Beginning

Dear Bro Jo,

We're getting married!

In the (location withheld) Temple.

We're very excited.

He proposed in a beautiful canyon after a morning of rock climbing.

(We both love to climb and it was our first date.)

I just wanted to tell you even though we've never met.

Thanks for all your advice over the ups and downs of dating.

Even though dating was interesting over the years, I'm really grateful for the experience.

I learned a lot about myself, and it was great to meet a variety of people.

Ultimately, it helped me know what I did and didn't want, so I recognized the guy for me when I found him.

I was really attracted to him because of his Christlike attitude. I've heard him complain maybe 3 or 4 times total.

He's always happy and sincerely likes everyone he meets.

He's always doing service for me or anyone around him.

I also love how natural and normal it feels to be with him.

The first time I met him, I thought "why the heck aren't we friends already"?

He fits right into my family, and I fit right into his.

We can go do things, or just hang out and talk and still enjoy being together.

He balances me out and has strengths where I have weaknesses.

I love him so much.

 So that's that. :)

- CG




Dear CG,

What a wonderful story!

Sister Jo and I are happy for you both. Congratulations!

Marriage is one of those things that you have to live to understand.

It's a lot of work, can be a few tears, and worth every effort you give.

Good luck, have fun, pray together oft, and Godspeed.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you! 

We are just loving married life. 

It's been close to two months, and we're still friends. :) 

We serve each other, play together, clean together, cook together, read together, and attend the temple together. I'm so excited to spend eternity with the best man I know. 

I definitely made a good choice. 

Best,

- CG

No comments: