Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Overcoming His Relationship Anxiety - part 2

Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you sir for your advice, it really means a lot.

I was shocked that you responded so quickly.

Thanks for being straight forward about everything.

It just hit me that the opposite of Fear is Faith!

It's kinda silly that I didn't get it right away on my own.. but thanks for the encouragement!

 All I needed was a solid push in the right direction.

- RM




Dear RM,

That's all any of us need, my brother.

It's always hardest to see what we ourselves need to work on . . . that's another great reason to marry a Good Woman.

Here anytime you need.

Best,

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

So, Bro Jo, thanks for the advice you've given me a while back (I wrote to you in Febuary-ish about feeling anxiety while dating a woman whom I deeply love.)

After I started praying and fasting like you suggested I had the impression to buy some other books about relationships and specifically on the psychology of having relationships (not just romantic but also between family members, such as Father-Son for example). 

I was able to understand that my anxiety was due to my fear of losing the woman that I love, and I was able to find a way to address it and find more courage and more strength within myself thanks to the guidance of God. 

The reason that I had never felt that anxiety before is because I had never loved a woman like how I love my fiancĂ©. 

I never got that nervous before because I never cared about others before as much as I do care about her. 

Anyhow, even though there are always fears and sometimes problems I'm a lot better at addressing them than I have ever been, thanks to what I've learned from the various books I've read (including your book). 

God ultimately placed in my path those books along with the scriptures in order to help me along the way. 

I am so grateful that God has been so merciful that He'd care about my happiness!! 

Its been the greatest semester of my life and have never been happier! 

So . . . I'm writing this to thank you for your advice and for your book, and to let you know what your small amount of advice did for me. 

BTW . . .  we're engaged and getting married in August! 

Hopefully you have a good day and are able to find more people to help along the way, thank you!!!

- A Grateful RM 

PS I sent the photo just as a way to make the email more personal and human, but I'd prefer if you didn't publish the picture, its just for you.




Dear RM,

Congratulations and Thank You!

Happy for you both,

- Bro Jo

No comments: