Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Stepping Into Love - Part 3 of 3

Dear Bro Jo,

Well that one didn't work out. So I moved on. Thanks for saying "if he's not smart enough to be interested." I think that gave me the self-esteem to let it go because I'm worth finding another guy.

Anyway, I have a thing for cowboys... ;)

And there's a guy who might be one in my science class. I told him I liked his shirt this morning after class and he kinda blushed and gave me a fist bump before he left.

My question is: I'm a very honest person, and since I'm curious to know if he's a legit cowboy, that's the question that I would ask him next, something like, "Where are you from?"

If he says "Wyoming", for example, I'd ask if he grew up on a ranch.

I have a history of asking straightforward questions and it seems to scare people away. Is there some question that would be more in-tune with feminine wiles that I should ask?

Sorry if this question seems obscure, let me know if I should clarify.

And I'm so grateful your good advice is only an email away.

~Cowgirl




Dear Cowgirl,

Nope; that question is perfect.

But, you know, I think limiting your dating to only "guys who grew up on a ranch" is a bit too narrow.

Have fun!

- Bro Jo

No comments: