Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bro Jo's Advice About Online Dating

Dear Bro Jo,

Hey I'm just wondering what is your opinion on online dating? I'm a 25 year old girl, and I'm just having a hard time meeting new guys and thought I might give it a try.... I just needed someone else's opinion, because I am pretty sure my friends would make fun of it haha.

- BP

PS: By the way I would not want to use the online dating for long distance, but more just to meet people within my area and then date them like I would normally date someone.

- BP




Dear BP,

Online matching sites can be a great tool for meeting new potential dates, especially for those that are in the older end of the LDS dating pool. Just remember three things:

1. Everyone makes themselves look and sound better online; now even amateurs can Photoshop themselves like a Hollywood Star.

2. Never go to meet a new on line friend alone or in the dark; murderers and molesters pray on the naïve.

3. On line is for introductions, not building a serious relationship; real people talk in person.

Heed what your Good Friends say, but don't let teasing and jealousy keep you from joy.

Good luck,

- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Thanks for the reply, I decided to just try it for a month and see if I can meet some new people, it is very different than what I am used to, but I figure it is worth a try. Thanks for the advice :)

- BP



Dear BP,

Let me know how it goes!

- Bro Jo

No comments: