Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, August 25, 2014

One Girl's Story - Part 4: He Broke Up with Her

Dear Bro Jo,

Hi.

I have a question.

- CG




Dear CG,

Ask.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Ok, so you might remember that I emailed and about the guy in the class etc. Remember?

- CG




Dear CG,

Yeah.

You said he asked you out multiple times and you were "exceptionally happy".

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Yes, he did.

And then again and again and again.

We seriously dated for two months.

I can't even say how wonderful it was.

I could not have prescribed myself a better guy.

But then he broke up with me (the day before finals week, jerk.).

He is going to Jerusalem to study for a year, which I think was a big part of it.

And he said he prayed about it and all that.

I did not get the same impression and was mildly devastated.

Okay.  A lot devastated.

- CG




Dear CG,

Sorry to hear that when does he leave?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

He said he still wanted to be friends.

He leaves the 29th of this month.

- CG




Dear CG,

Does your "friend" know that you're going to be dating other people?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Yes.

So what does "friends" mean? I haven't heard from him hardly at all.

- CG




Dear CG,

It means "I want to break up, I'm probably an idiot, and I want to make it seem less painful".

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Ow.

I was afraid of that

- CG




Dear CG,

I'm sorry.

I wish he was smarter.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

It's alright.

If the train doesn't stop at your station, it's not your train.

Stills sucks hardcore.

- CG




Dear CG,

That's why, when a smart enough guy comes along, you'll appreciate being married even more.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

You're right.

I'll be okay.

I just miss him still.

Not even the relationship.

Just talking and laughing together.

Oh well.

Any suggestions for moving on?

- CG




Dear CG,

Time and . . . dating others

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

haha

Yep.

That's the truth.

I've got to get into a singles ward or institute or something before I go crazy.

I'm having dating withdrawls.

Seriously.

I've read no less than 8 books and learned Mozart's 3rd violin concerto in three weeks trying to stay busy and sane.

I know I'll be ok.

I was supposed to date this man and I learned so much from him about myself and the gospel. and I did pray for the spirit to guide our relationship. but I forgot to pray for the humility to accept the answer.

If nothing else, dating teaches me patience and trust in the Lord. which is the most important thing from any experience.

Plus. I'm a writer, and every legit author has to experience a certain amount of pain and emotional trama.

So it's just future novel material, right?

- CG




Dear CG,

Well . . . it is right, but the saying that you must experience stuff to write well or write about it is garbage and who knows, CG, maybe he'll get a clue and change his mind and when he does, maybe you'll be available . . .  and maybe you won't.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

It was said with an hint of sarcasm.

Trying to make myself feel better.

That's right.

Either we need to be apart to learn a few things, or we've learned what we were supposed to and we should find someone else.

Thanks for the help, Bro Jo.

Even just for listening.

- CG




Dear CG,

No worries!

It's what I do.

- Bro Jo

No comments: