Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Scared and Alone - Part 11 of 15: We All Deserve Help

Dear Bro Jo,

I have to be honest, I changed e-mails hoping that it wouldn't be so obvious it was the same person.

I just feel like such a failure because I keep screwing up everything.

I'm sure that making things right would be much easier, but I still haven't gotten myself to talk to anyone lately. I'm sure I've heard the spirit and maybe had a testimony at one point, but I know I haven't recently. But, that's all because of the choices I've made and I can't blame it on anything else. Last night our Bishop was out of town and I don't know when he will be returning. I'm sure I could e-mail his secretary and ask, but I just can't get myself to do it.

Besides. . . What if he tells my parents everything?

They know I drink tea and even though my mom's a member she doesn't have a problem with it, but she doesn't know about the guy. (Anything we ever had was over though, so I don't have to worry about him anymore.) I don't need everyone finding out about everything. Thanks for being such amazing help, even if I probably don't deserve it right now.

- Scared




Dear Scared,

We all deserve help.

Often.

As often as we need it.

You need to stop worrying about the Judgments of Man and focus on the Love of the Savior.

It doesn't matter what the Bishop thinks or your parents find out; it only matters that you feel good again. Good about life and good about yourself. All you've told me about so far are very minor things; you have me thinking that there's something more going on.

 It doesn't matter.

 Do this FOR YOU.

Call the secretary.

Or email. Right now.

Make the appointment.

Be of Good Courage!

- Bro Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never let yourself worry about the bishop telling your parents. He will tell you to tell them, but the church tells bishops they cannot tell anyone about confessions unless it's abuse, but even then they are supposed to report it to a hotline the church operates.