Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Scared and Alone - Part 12:of 15 Overcoming Weakness

Dear Bro Jo,

There honestly isn't anything worse going on.

If you're thinking that because I'm so scared, it's because I have never went to anyone for anything.

That and I've had bad history with almost all of the Bishops I've had.

The only one I really trusted was the one from my first ward and he's no longer a Bishop anymore.

I know we all deserve help, but at times I feel unworthy of it.

Like why should anyone want to help me when I'm the one making stupid mistakes and doing things

I KNOW I shouldn't.

It's easier said than done on not caring about Man's judgments and focusing on The Savior's love.

Not really having the courage to do anything right now, but we'll see.

Thanks,

- Scared




Dear Scared,

How can you have "had a bad history" with previous Bishops if you never had to talk to them about anything serious??? 

I disagree with your assertion about focusing on the Savior's love. 

It's like the commandments: it's easier to live them than to not. 

Honestly, if your only problem is drinking tea, then it sounds like you're making excuses to me. 

It's not that big of a deal. 

Just stop drinking it. 

Simple. 

I understand it's hard to do. 

I gave up soda. 

As we overcome our weaknesses we become stronger.

- Bro Jo

No comments: