Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Why Won't He Kiss Her?

Dear Bro Jo,

How long does it take until a guy kisses you?

I have been going on dates with this guy since forever (5/6 months) and what I have from it?

Nothing.

He gives me all the signs that he likes me, but not this specific one.

I'm freaking out because I don't know if he is just playing with me, or what's going on in his mind.

Does that mean that I'm not kissable?

Because that is what I'm starting to think.

Yes, we hold hands, we have all this physic contact that shows me that he likes me.

Am I right?

Ok. So, what am I doing wrong?

All this time going out together, and not a single talk about our relationship.

Nothing.

Should I give up on him?

Should I stop answering his texts, and pretend I don't care?

I thought we were over this phase, but apparently we are still on "high school dating" phase, which we just hold hands and laugh at each other the entire day.

- Frustrated




Dear Frustrated,

I could recommend that you read Bro Jo's Guide to Kissing or The 6 L's of How to Get Kissed ... 

But what I don't understand is, if you two know each other so well, have been dating for this long, and have this "great connection" and all ... then why are you asking me and not him? 

Where is it written that you have to just wait around wondering how he feels??? 

Communication, dear sister; it's the key to any good relationship. 

No, don't confront him. 

In between all of those great "laugh all the time" moments, have an Adult Conversation. 

Tell him how you feel, and ask him the questions (perhaps in a much less dramatic way) that you've asked me. 

Be Understanding. 

After all, if he didn't like you he wouldn't be putting in all of this time and effort... 

So there's got to be some reason. 

And don't come across like you're begging, either. 

I mean, talk to him; do some teaching about feelings, expectations, and relationships; but also Be Considerate of his feelings, too. 

Be Prepared to get kissed. 

But don't just chuck this great relationship if he's not ready.  Wait until you hear what he has to say. 

Good luck! 

Talk to him soon.

And tell us how it goes. 

- Bro Jo

No comments: