Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016

What If Her Boyfriend Chooses a Mission Over Her? - Part 3 of 3

Dear NW,

I was re-reading an email you sent to me a few years ago.

(It's posting on the blog site, anonymously of course, soon) and I thought I'd reach out to you, see how you're doing, and ask how things turned out with the boy, his mission, and your potential Church membership?

All the best,

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Wow!

I completely forgot about all of that.

I don't remember what all I wrote to you, but a lot has changed since then!

I joined the Church a year and a half ago and it has been the best decision I've ever made!

My family is not at all supportive but things have improved somewhat over time.

The boy and I got back together for awhile, and I was waiting and writing him for a little over a year into his mission.

We eventually decided to end things and see what happened when he got back.

We haven't talked in a quite awhile, and I've since started dating someone else, but his mission is just about over and he'll be coming home next soon!

So I guess we'll see what happens.

It's been a crazy journey with a lot of ups and downs, but I wouldn't change any of it. I'm happier than ever!

Thank you for checking in!

- NW




Dear NW,

Thank you for responding!

I appreciate the update.  Keep us posted!

Cheers,

- Bro Jo

No comments: