Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Dateless at 29 - Should She Ask Guys Out? - part 1 of 2

Dear Bro Jo,

I'm not sure how to post this other than a comment. I just wanted to say that I've never been a fan of girls asking guys out, but I have done it a few times to different people only because I honestly never get asked out and feel like I need to somewhat step up and have a date.

There is probably other ways to do this but for me it has become a last resort that I felt I have had to refer to. I'm 29 years old and have had maybe 2-3 dates a year since age 16.

What is your solution if that is the case?

- 29




Dear Bro Jo,

Sorry I didn't mean to sent this twice. Also I couldn't figure out how to comment on your blog hence the email.

- 29

Dear Bro Jo,

Sorry to sent another email. If you do post or comment on this on your page I would like to be anonymous please

- 29




Dear 29 -

Okay.  When I get up in the morning and there's several emails and a page comment from the same person on the same topic . . . I figure they've got a pretty serious concern!

I'm glad I read all of your emails before posting your comment. Since you sent the comment with your name attached, had I hit "post" it would have shown with your name, not anonymous as you requested.


(The way to do that, by the way, is when you're leaving the comment, click the "anonymous" button.)


To your question, in my opinion Little Sister, you need to learn How to Get THEM to Ask YOU Out.


Right or wrong, old fashioned or not, the truth is that we guys like living with the illusion that we're "wearing the pants".  When a girl asks us out, no matter how sweet and wonderful she is, unless it's a
Girl-ask-guy event, Good Guys think:  "Yikes, she's desperate!

What's wrong with her that no one else wants to ask her out?"  Or:  "What low opinion of me must she have?  Does she think I'm not man enough to get my own dates?"; Bad Guys think "Sweet!  She's desperate!  I can totally take advantage of that."


True story.


I've written about this . . . a lot.


You can read the first chapter of "Bro Jo's Guide to Relationships" on
my publisher's website: HERE.

There's also a note on the Facebook page that you may find helpful:
Bro Jo's "HOW a GIRL CAN GET a GUY to ASK HER on a DATE"


At 29, it's time to kick your dating into High Gear.  Get out there, meet lots of new people.  Flirt.  Learn the value of getting guys to talk about themselves.  Stay out of the "Hang out" and Friend" zones.


And have fun!

- Bro Jo

No comments: