Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Is Love "Something We Fall Into" or is it "Something We Choose"? - part 2 of 2

Dear Bro Jo,

Thanks for the awesome advice.

I gave it a month of frequent dates.

The conclusion is still that I think he's an amazing guy, but not the one for me.

Your clip from Hitch was spot on.

I communicated clearly and honestly precisely what I told you, as you advised me.

At first he was understanding and tried, but a few days later he was back to the clingy and overly-affectionate behavior.

He told me he loved me all the time and started talking seriously about marriage, especially after conference.

That should have been a girl's dream come true, but it terrified me. I feel that I was really patient and understanding; a person can't help how they feel.

Additionally, however, a person can't force them self to feel a way they don't. It just got really taxing, and whether it was my gut or the spirit, the answer became clear.

Thanks for the support and your time. Your email gave me a lot of comfort.

- N.W.




Dear N.W.

If all things work out for the best, you'll only date one person that you don't break up with . . .

Now, that said, I can't begin to count how many times Sister Jo and I "broke up" . . . good for me that none of those took!

God bless,

- Bro Jo

PS:  Don't give up!



[Dear Readers,

Thought you might like to know that this particular N.W. got married a couple years ago.  To someone that when she had originally written these last two emails, she hadn't even met yet.

Best,

- Bro Jo]

No comments: