Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reader's Note - How to Write to Dear Bro Jo

Reader's Note - How to Write to Dear Bro Jo


Email Dear Bro Jo at dearbrojo@gmail.com, letters that include a name and town are most-likely to be published, but it's not necessary. If you want to use a pseudonym that's not only OK, it's suggested; just let me know what you'd like that to be or I can make one up for you (although I think it's more fun if you make up your own).

Also, if you want your town to remain anonymous, simply write "please withhold town"; you can also ask me to "please withhold name and town", and I'll respect your request for anonymity.

No subject is taboo - ask me anything you want! - but I will edit letters for content, spelling and punctuation (and maybe grammar, but not necessarily). If you have a question that you need answered but don't want the answer published on the blog, that's OK too; just let me know and you and I can correspond without the entire Internet knowing. But remember this: if you have a question you need answered there's a pretty good chance that somewhere in this great big world someone else needs help, too. They may just be too afraid to ask.

Letters on behalf of your friends are OK, but I'd rather hear from them directly, so encourage them to do their own writing.

Letters can be philosophical questions, not a problem you're personally having; as I said, nothing is taboo, but remember that this blog serves the purpose of helping LDS Teens and Young Single Adults with their relationships as they tackle the worlds of dating, courtship and marriage.

Any letter that I do publish becomes copy written by me. I reserve the right to respond to and publish what I want.

If you forget the email address, simply click on my signature.

- Bro Jo

No comments: