Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Is He a Player?

Dear Bro Jo,

I wrote you a couple of weeks back about not understanding what a girl I liked meant but you helped me see some light on that issue.

However I am once again clueless.

In the past couple weeks I've gone on a couple dates with a few girls.

The girl I like is "Anne" (changed name).  After the latest date my sister came down on me informing me that I was being a player by taking 3 different girls out on dates within a 2 month period.

Each date was meant to be Casual and one of the girls I took out is in my seminary class and has heard me talk about a mission I plan on serving a year.

So my sister should know I'm not trying to be a player.

However all 3 of the girls are great friends and all of us eat lunch together at school along with about 10 other kids

So my real question:  is asking multiple girls out from the same click of friends in a short time frame a bad thing?

- Sincerely Clueless




Dear Sincerely,

You mention that your dates with these girls are Casual, but you don't mention if they're Group Dates, which they're supposed to be.

If that's the case, then you have nothing to worry about.

Unless you're making out with all of these different girls on each date; that would be wrong.

Your sister, with all do respect, is totally incorrect.

Like many, Latter-day Saints (and others), she's confused "dating" with "relationships"; only when you come back from your mission should those two definitions collide, and only after you've dated the same girl several times and you and she both feel the same way about each other.

I'm guessing that your sister is still stuck in the "Date = Boyfriend = Girl is Pretty and Valuable" way of thinking;

I hope she gets it straight.

Perhaps she needs a copy of "Bro Jo's Guide to Casual Group Dating" . . .

Now, if she's right, and you are playing these girls, then shame on you.

Knock it off.

As for me, I say until the Mission Call comes, Casual Group Date your heart out!

Have fun,

- Bro Jo

No comments: