Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Does She Love Him? Or Just "the Idea" of Him?

Dear Bro Jo,

Hi!

I am the one who sent you a message on Facebook. As what you've said better to send you an email. :)

Uhh, I really love this man. I do not know what to do.

Before my best friend told me everything that they'd converse but they had one left secret that she didn't tell me... I'm really saddened these past few weeks because of this. Because a friend of mine saw this missionary at the Manila Temple during a Temple tour and he asked that missionary if my best friend and him were close with each other?

And did they exchanging emails?

And that missionary told them the opposite that my best friend hath told me...I want to know the truth behind both story... but I do not know how?

I sent a text message to my best friend about this... and she responded: "Come to think of this... I wouldn't even benefit a thing if I give you false hope...I still have one last thing to tell...Told you it's meant to be untold in due time...”

I really want to know the truth. If only I could talk to that missionary I already did but I don't want to be a cause of distraction and I really want to be worthy enough for him.

I do really love this man...

He really influenced me to become more a better person and a better latter-day saint.

I kept on striving to become worthy enough not just for him but I have this strong testimony because I've been born and raised in the church through my parents...

I do always include him to my prayers even his family...

There's a time that I really want to give up but as I knelt down and cry unto the Lord I received an instant answer... sometimes in the scriptures and mostly through my best friend... that was really the time that I almost want to give up because I was thinking that it would went vain..

But she told me everything except to that last secret... am willing to wait for this missionary... in fact, he'll comes home soon...

What am I going to do Bro. Jo?

Thanks for help in advance!

I'm 21 years of age.

- Name Withheld




Dear NW,

I just don't see any reason to worry about this at this time.

You have no way of knowing if you love him or simply love "the idea" of him, and won't know until he comes home and even then if And Only If the two of you actually date.

As I have said, until then, you should continue to gain dating experience by going out with any decent guy that asks.

- Bro Jo

No comments: