Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Followup to "He's Ready to Give Up Looking"

Dear Readers,

I thought you might like to read this followup to "He's Ready to Give Up Looking" from March 31st, 2017.

- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Hey, I recently noticed that you posted my letter to you on the blog. I thought you might like an update on my life.

I don't know if I took every thing you told me to heart, but I definitely did take another look at what I was doing with my life so that I could focus on what I could control.

I've learned a bunch about myself and realized that I had many things to work on before I was ready for dating seriously or marriage. I really feel like I've grown and matured a lot over the course of these last two years.

I'll be graduating with my master's degree in May. Have been dating that girl I talked about in my first letter for about a month and we'll be getting married in July.

And I don't think I've ever been happier. She recently told me that she initially rejected me not because I wasn't enough, but because she knew that if we dated we would get married and she wasn't ready for that yet.

If you add this onto the original letter, I just want to let anyone who reads it know that Heavenly Father truly does have happiness in store for all of His children. It may not seem like in the moment, but the blessings do come and there won't be enough room to receive all of them.

The windows and doors of heaven will be open to those who are ready and worthy to receive them. And the blessing come according to His timetable, so a little bit of patience can go a long way.

-(Maybe not so) Undesirable

P.S. I always thought it was funny that you suggested I attend a family ward, because there's not a YSA ward or even branch in the area where I live so I've been attending a family ward this entire time.




Dear Brother,

How great to hear from you!

I believe in your original email you told me that you were in a regular ward and I missed that.  I've wondered why.  My best guess is that was at a time when I kept thinking that YSAs would be helped by occasionally attending family wards . . . which I still think is a good idea.

Anyway, congratulations to you and your companion!  Happy for you both!

And thank you for sharing your testimony.

Cheers,

- Bro Jo

No comments: