Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jail Bait - part 2

Dear Bro Jo,

Thanks. I guess this can really be more serious than I originally thought. I actually did send this to my friend's Mom (I think she'll be able to get through to my friend better). Her Mom was already concerned, but I'll bet this will make it a lot clearer. I'm not jealous (I don't really know the guy) but I can see how that might be a problem, so thank you for bringing it up. I think, though, that my friend trusts me and won't mind.

I didn't really know what to make of this before, but I understand now that it's pretty inappropriate. I just want to make sure my friend is safe. Thanks again for everything.

-Perturbed pal


Dear Pal,

Thank you for being the type of Young Woman that cares about the safety of others.

This situation is a lot inappropriate.

Keep the Faith,

- Bro Jo


Dear Bro Jo,

I'm very grateful for your advice. I believe my friends' Mom sent you an e-mail, as well, clarifying the situation. Thank you for all the advice you give... it's nice just to be able to look at your blog and get answers from an LDS, impartial perspective. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

-Pal


Dear Pal,

I did hear from your friend's mom, thanks for passing on the email. I take back what I said about you being jealous. After corresponding with her (the mother), I think you really are just a sincere friend.

- Bro Jo

No comments: