Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, May 27, 2011

What are guys looking for?

Dear Bro Jo,

So I’m just about sixteen and I was just wondering, what appeals to a guy? What would make a guy want to take me out on a date? and how do I not make a fool of myself so that when I’m older I can be OK with my dating years? I’m not desperate or a total creeper I just wanna have fun and know what I want to look for in a guy.

- Unsigned



Dear Little Sister,

Guys want to go out with girls that are (in no particular order) fun, sweet, and do their best to look nice (you don't have to be a super model to get dates, and in fact, lot's of guys find that intimidating and off-putting). Most importantly, Good Guys who are planning on missions are looking to go out with girls who aren't going to pressure them into the Boyfriend-Girlfriend Thing.

You can find lots of information in my book "Bro Jo's guide to Casual Group Dating", on this website, and our Facebook Fan Page, including some great stuff in the notes pages - check them out!

There's even a discussion on the Facebook page called "What Guys Look for in a Girl" that you might find revelatory.

Have fun!

- Bro Jo

1 comment:

Kate said...

Smile and be happy. Be comfortable having intelligent conversation. Be nice. Works for me.