Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Tales of the Single Adult Sister - Part 2

[Dear Readers,

In our last installment, Sassy had decided to start the New Year with a New Attitude; upbeat and ready to give it her best. She went to a SA Dance out of her area, met a great guy, and had a lot of fun. She left us hoping he would be smart enough to ask out this Sweet and Fun Sister.

Enjoy Part 2.


- Bro Jo]



Hey Bro and Sis Jo,

'Tis I, broadcasting to you in the middle of the night.

I have to share with you both something. Shortly before my grandma passed away last month, I was talking to her and made her promise that she would start pointing good, quality men in my direction. After tonight's date, I honestly think my Grandma has been working overtime. Of course I would never tell him that, but I definitely think he's ranking high up there in the quality level.

The date was fun!

At a quarter past the time he was going to pick me up. He still had not arrived. I wasn't all that shocked because the freeway had been shut down and I honestly thought he'd gotten stuck in the horrid traffic. That is . . . until he called. He asked if I was home. I told him I was ready and waiting. He said, well then come answer the door. I told him I hadn't heard him. come to find out he'd been ringing the doorbell at a darkened apartment on the other side of my complex. #14, not #4.

He laughed, apologized and said he'd be right there---telling me he was grateful some old man didn't come and answer the door. When he arrived and I invited him in while I closed the back door, he stepped in and took a look at me and said, "Wow, you look great!"

All night he opened all my doors and the conversation just flowed. There were so many quirky things that we had in common. It was great fun to talk to him. He took me out to dinner at a nice, high-end burger place. I swear the guy is as thin as a string pulled taunt, but he has a bottomless pit for a stomach!

We ordered different things and then split them all and shared them. It was so fun to try out different salads and dips and burgers and soups. I couldn't keep up with how much he ate.

After dinner we went to Barnes and Noble and he walked right in and asked me what I wanted for dessert. He ordered our desserts. We sat down and I thought HOLY COW this guy eats like a vacuum! Inside was laughing so hard! I ended up unable to eat the entire apple thingy I ordered and so I let him have it.

He comes from a fun family. He has a good job and a good sense of humor, hard working missionary leader and really knows how to keep a girl smiling.

He walked fast. It was a relief because I do too! So often I leave people in the dust, not even realizing it. Part way through walking through the parking lot he suddenly turned to me and said, "You walk fast! Or are you just walking that fast because I'm walking fast?" I laughed because I hadn't even thought about it until he said something and I realized, yah, gee, this guy is keeping up with me! I asked him if that was his normal pace or if he normally walked slower. He said it was his pretty standard pace. Then we both did our rendition of our own moseying walk . . . only to step it back up to our original pace. LOL.

Anyway, the date was a little under three hours long. The time flew and I was surprised when he was taking me back to my house because it had only felt like an hour, if that. He walked me up to the door; I thanked him. He asked me if I'd like to go out again, and I told him I looked forward to it. He grinned and I gave him a hug and then he left.

So, on the gentleman meter I would give him a 9.995.
Personality 8.3428
Humor Meter 7.88
Innovation 7.99

Gosh, statistics are fun to make up!

I hope you guys had a great night. I attached a picture of how I looked before I left. When you said Sis Jo would have preferred to make an outfit I laughed out loud. Sis Jo, if you could teach me even how to sew, let alone follow a pattern and make something I would actually wear, I would be eternally in your debt! Eternally! Man, that would be awesome!

Anyway, that's the update.

Until later,

Sassy,



Sassy -

We're so glad you had a great time!

Good clothing choice! - Sister Jo

Hope he's smart enough to take you out again,

- Bro Jo & Sister Jo


PS: Sewing gets easier with practice. Pick something easy and don't be afraid to make mistakes. If you're really lost, ask one of the Bishopric's wives or someone's mom or grandma to teach a "sewing basics" class. - Sister Jo



Dear Bro & Sis Jo,

Well, despite the fun we had, I guess Chris didn't enjoy himself as much as he claimed . . . either that or he dropped his phone in the toilet and lost my phone number . . . then again, we have some common friends, so if he really wanted to get my number he could. Bummer. You know . . . I get the feeling that I am doing something wrong. Somehow . . . either that or our common "friends" wanted to warn him about my health concerns. LAME!

Ah well, back to the drawing board! :(

- Sassy



Dear Sassy,

It's only been a week! Relax.

Sure, he should have called, but things happen and guys forget and, as you know from reading "Dear Bro Jo", the world is full of Good LDS Guys that need some serious training.

You just worry about being you and keep dating; it'll happen.

If you're really worried, you know there's nothing wrong with asking one or two of those mutual friends what his deal is.

- Bro Jo

No comments: