I just came across your blog and it's fantastic!
Tons of great advice.
I had a quick question.
I'm a 22 year old woman and just had 'the talk' with this guy I've been dating for the past month.
Usually, I get a text from him in the morning and we text consistently throughout the day.
Today was different.
He hasn't really talked to me at all which is ok, I just didn't know what to think.
I'm probably being ridiculous.
What is your view on texting when you're in a new relationship?
Should I wait for him to text like I usually do?
I feel like I'm playing a game here.. Is that still necessary?
Or am I freaking out over nothing?
- Confused YSA
I'm not much of a texter . . . can't get my hands to move fast enough . . . (which is weird because I type about 100 wpm) . . .
And I think texting is bad thing to make the center piece of communication in a relationship.
It's just so impersonal . . .
In order, from best to worst, I list it this way:
1. Talking in person
2. Flirting across the room
3. Talking on the phone
4. Writing a hand-written letter
5. Postcard or other kind of card
7. Video Conference Skype
8. Chatting on line (like Facebook or Google Chat)
9. Smoke Signals
Actually, Sister Jo and I have a telepathy thing going . . . so I might bump Telepathy to somewhere in the top three . . . and it CAN be like flirting across the room . . .
To your other questions, given the little information I have, I think:
1. You're probably being a little ridiculous.
2. Yes, you should wait for him to text you first.
3. It IS a game, and it IS necessary. But games are much more fun and easier to understand when you TALK IN PERSON.
4. Yes, for now I think you're freaking out over nothing.
Text less. Talk more.
It's much more revealing and intimate.
- Bro Jo