Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

How to Get a Date Instead of Hanging Out

Dear Bro Jo,

So once again I am back here up at BYU-I.

I don't have a lot of dating experience.

There is this new awesome guy that lives in my complex. He just got back from his mission in Australia. I am trying to put myself out there just a little bit. but to be honest I’m not really sure what to do or not do.

I have only ever been on 2 dates.

I have fallen into a couple of "Hangout" situations. I am trying to avoid those, but I’m not sure how to go about this. can you please help me?

- Inexperienced





Dear Inexperienced,

Here's what you do:

1.  Don't invite him to your house, and don't accept invitations to his home.

2.  Flirt, a lot, lest he think that your unwillingness to "hang out" means you're not interested.

3.  Be prepared to spell it out for him when he either isn't getting it fast enough or asks why you're such an enigma.  Tell him that you'd like him to ask you out, and that you know that if you ever cross over into the "friend zone" it's never going to happen.

Good luck!

- Bro Jo

No comments: