Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, December 21, 2009

How to Get That Great Relationship

Dear Bro Jo,

For quick reference, I'm a 16 year old girl.

Over the past couple months, I have seen my brother get married, my brother and sister get a boy/girlfriend, and my best friend's year long anniversary with her boyfriend. All throughout this, my friends have been trying to get me to go on dates and get a boyfriend.

Now this really didn't bother me until a couple of weeks ago when I was sitting next to my brother and his wife, sister and her boy, and brother and her girl. I felt so ridiculously out of place that I stood up and left. It didn't help that the next day at school I saw my friend with her boyfriend and completely felt like the third wheel. Actually in general, I just feel left out.

I want to be dating someone. I've seen the way they all look at each other and I want that. But I have no idea how to get it or what to do. I've heard you can help. Please tell me you have something.

Thanks,

-Left Behind

Dear Left,

It’s wonderful that you want to be in a relationship like the ones around you!

Trust me, you can . . . and you will.

Eventually.

You’re only 16, so you’ve got plenty of time, r – e – l –a – x!

Take a look at my “Bro Jo’s LEVELS of a RELATIONSHIP”; it’s more for YSA’s, but it will give you a good road map to understand what the sign posts are along the way from here to there.

For now the first step for you is to start Casual Group Dating, and not just “someone” (I know girls are often predisposed to the Boyfriend-Girlfriend Thing, but you’re not really at that point yet – wait until after you graduate High School before getting that serious) but date Lots of Different Someones. Check out some of my other articles, like:

Bro Jo’s HOW a GIRL CAN GET a BOY’S ATTENTION


Bro Jo’s HOW a GIRL CAN GET a GUY to ASK HER on a DATE


Bro Jo’s TEN WAYS to INCREASE CHANCES a GUY WILL ACTUALLY CALL


and most importantly “Bro Jo’s DATING RULES for TEENS


Once you’re armed with all of that information, put it into practice. Talk a friend or two into getting the local boys to take you on some Casual Group Dates!

Let me know how it all works out for you.

Have Fun!

- Bro Jo

No comments: