Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, February 18, 2011

How Do You Get Him to Ask You Out?

Dear Bro Jo,

I'm kind of infatuated by this guy that I see at YSA dances. I hardly know him, but I'm almost at the verge of obsession with him. I am obviously lusting over him, I know that. I really want to get to know this guy. But the thing is, there is possibly no way for me to get to know him. He is not in my Stake; I have no friends that actually know him.

So my question is, how can I get this guy to notice me, especially when we would never cross paths except when we have YSA dances. I've read all your other blogs that suggest that a girl should never ask a guy out and I've also read your blogs of how to get a guy to notice you, but those blogs would not fit the situation that I am in. How do you approach someone you don't even know and tell them "Hey I like you, ask me out on a date". ???

HELP PLEASE.....

Sincerely Desperate YSA.



Dear Sincerely,

Exactly that.

You go up and say "Hey, you look like a guy who should ask me out on a date".

If that sounds like too big of a leap, you'll have to get to know him somehow. Go up and talk to him at these dances. Find out where he works and if it's appropriate stop by. Look him up on Facebook, get into the same institute class. Sometimes the universe will put you together, but sometimes the universe needs a little help.

Be careful not to cross that fine line between "interested girl" and "stalker", but make some effort. If you don't you may always regret the one that got away.

- Bro Jo

No comments: