Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Valentine's Day Idea for the Non-Dating

Dear Bro Jo:

Sorry I never got back to you, but I saw that you posted my email on your blog and thought I'd write back.

The couple who were going out recently broke up and the guy already has another girlfriend. The other 2 still like each other. It's kinda awkward cuz the 2 guys are still way good friends and us 3 girls still hang out, just not all together anymore.

I do have some other friends I've kinda started hanging out with though. this might sound weird, but it kinda seems like since I've been hanging out with the original 4 people my brain has kinda been saying "it would be so cool if I liked a guy and he liked me. we wouldn't go out, but it would be awesome" and I think if I got some new friends it would probably stop that way of thinking but I don't know.

So I don't really know what I'm asking but do you have any advice?

By the way i just want to thank you for all the advice you've personally given me and the advice I read that you give to other teens like me.

5th wheel

p.s. on a side note I'm slowly and carefully trying to help the ex-girlfriend see the importance of not having a boyfriend when she's 14. any ideas for me to help her?



Dear 5th,

Everyone wants to be liked; you're not alone.

You know, little sister, it sounds like you're over due for throwing a movie party or game night at your house. How about something this weekend, kind of an "anti-Valentine's Day" thing? A bunch of guys, a bunch of girls . . . just a great group of kids hanging out, having fun, and getting to know each other better!

- Bro Jo

PS - Thank you for the kind words!



Dear Bro Jo,

That sounds like a way good idea. I could just invite anyone and everyone and just have a fun time and not worry about who’s going out with who and what-not. thank you so much for the great idea!

Thanks again,

5th Wheel


Dear 5th,

Any time - have fun!

- Bro Jo

No comments: