Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, February 13, 2012

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Part 2

Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you. Next time we go out I'm going to tell him "you know, you can hold my hand if you want to" and try to get a little discussion going about dating and the things you mentioned, give him my thoughts (which line up pretty well with your thoughts by what I've been reading), and just get this out in the open.

I'll let you know how it goes.

- Cold Hands


Dear Cold Hands,

Looking forward to it!

- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Success!!!!!!!!!

We went to a concert and then my school's spring formal dance. At the concert, I really was cold, but my coat made me too hot. When I told him I was cold, he said "well put on your coat."

I told him it makes me too hot. His response was "well isn't that a predicament." I gave him a look and told him I would talk to him later...

Later came as we were waiting for the dance to start. I reminded him I needed to talk to him, told him "you really don't get hints, do you??" and after realizing there were hints to be picked up that he never got, he agreed.

I told him he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, but I am entirely okay if he ever wants to put his arm around me or hold my hand, whether I'm "cold" or not.

Long discussion short... we were right - he has NO experience whatsoever.

He told me more about the LDS girl he dated in high school. She really was a crazy wacky person!!! He could only put her arm around her or hold her hand whenever she would say "Hold my hand". If he ever tried to do it on his own (at which point he grabbed my hand..:) ) she would give him a look and say "what are you doing???"

What a jerk!!

So we talked about boundaries, the fact that I'm going away to school, but we both would like to date each other and just have fun for now. (turns out we were both happy to hear that I would be in Iowa for one more semester haha) If down the road we decide it should be something more, fine, but neither of us will be jealous or heartbroken if the other ends up with another person.

I also mentioned to him at the conclusion of the conversation that I am okay if he would like to kiss me.

To that he said he has been wanting to, he just simply never knew.

(I am sending him the link to your site and Facebook page again!)

He held my hand as we walked to our cars. Then he gave me a hug and kissed me good night. :)

Never quite felt such a flutter in my heart like I did last night!

Thank you so much!!!!

- Warm Hands


Dear Warm Hands,

Talking works!!!

:)

- Bro Jo

No comments: