Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cheesy Wednesdays: Remember that Guy? - Part 2

[Dear Readers,

The first Wednesday of every month we follow "Cheese" and her trials and challenges as she navigates the dating world.  You can jump to past posts by clicking the tag "Cheese" on the side of this page.


Here's the quick link to Part-1 where Cheese tells us about her concern for this guy's fiance because this guy is . . . well, we'll let you decide.

Enjoy,

- Bro Jo]



Dear Bro Jo,

You are right,,, I just want to keep her from getting hurt.

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

That's because you're a nice person.

And that's good.

But you have to let her make her own choices.

Is this the same guy that kept coming over all the time and Mama and Big were pushing you to date and you kept telling me he was stalking you and driving you crazy?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Yes exact same guy

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

AHA! Not surprised. Are you?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

I actually am.

Not by the fact he went crazy, I saw that from 10 miles away, but by how extreme it is.

I knew he was bad news, he is a kind human being, but that's not the only thing that matters.

His head is in the wrong place, and I don't think it's entirely his fault.

I feel bad for him. I feel bad for his family.

But I'm also glad I did the exact opposite of what my parents wanted me to do on this one.

It is very obvious to me that I made the right choice when I ran.

- Cheese




Dear Cheese,

See, I'm not surprised.

Granted all of the information I have came through the Cheese-filter, but his behavior was so stalker-ish, illogical and erratic . . .

Anyway, I agree: you dodged a bullet.

Don't mock the parents with an "I was right you were wrong" victory dance, though, okay?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Fortunately for them I am still slightly under the weather and not up for dancing. But my dad has said more times than I can count, if he had met this boy for the first time today he would run away screaming

- Cheese



[Dear Readers,

For the record, both of Cheese's parents have long since said that this guy was . . . not a good dating choice.  And, just so you know, Mac stayed away from this guy, too.


- Bro Jo]

No comments: