Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, July 2, 2010

She Likes Him and He Likes . . .

Dear Bro Jo,

The guy that I like is so amazing.  Now I don't know if he likes me, but I like to tell myself he does.
He has a lot of friends that are girls. He's just that way; most of his friends are girls. But I feel like he treats me differently. We flirt all the time. At least what I call flirting. We are just really good friends and we both have so much in common.

Now there are a few things that we do not agree on and I try to convince myself that those differences would make it hard to have a good relationship, when and if that time ever comes. No matter how much I tell myself this, I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know what it is. I just get this unexplainable feeling and I feel so right about him everytime I see or think about him. He is a really great guy, and I'm not just saying that. I kind of don't know what to think.

I want to think that this is just a crush, and that it's a phase or whatever. It's weird for me to like someone for a long time.  I tend to like someone for a month and then I move on. But I've liked this guy almost all year.

Is this just a crush?

I don’t know what to do or think! I like him so much, but I'm worried that I'm just getting my hopes up for a little high school crush.

-(no name)


Dear No-name,

I'm so glad the guy you like isn't "relatively mediocre" or "kind of a loser" . . .

And, yeah. It’s a crush.

And there’s nothing wrong with that.

You like him and he . . . likes everybody.

There’s not much TO do. None of you girls are “Just Friends”, at least not in his mind, and now is not the right time for you to be pursuing a Relationship.

You may want to check out a few of my columns on “Men and Women Can’t Be Friends” (see the Facebook Discussion HERE), or perhaps more accurately “Guys Can’t Stay ‘Just Close Friends’ with Girls”.

And you may also want to take a peek at the Facebook Notes “Bro Jo’s LEVELS of a RELATIONSHIP” and “Bro Jo’s HOW a GIRL CAN GET a GUY to ASK HER on a DATE”.

Enjoy your crush!


- Bro Jo

No comments: