Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Which Guy Should She Choose? - Part 4

Dear Bro Jo,

Well I don’t think I love them. that one takes a while to develop for me. and thank you so much you did help me a lot.

- Unsure


Dear Unsure,

No problem.

Just let me say, that if you don't love either, then the decent thing to do would be to tell them.

Whether you do or not, you certainly need to keep dating others, too.

Good luck!

- Bro Jo


Dear Bro Jo,

I know they are both aware.

- Unsure


Dear Unsure,

Good.

But weird.  I mean, I don't care how great you are, if I found out you were making out with my former mission companion I'd drop you like a hot rock.

In fact, I think this whole thing is weird.  Not a big fan of guys dating girls that they met on their mission, let alone one they taught the Gospel to.  I think it confuses everything.

I can't even fathom the future family discussions.


"Yes, children, I met your father when he was on his mission.  He's the one that taught me the Gospel.  Well, he and his companion.  After the two of them were released I followed them home.  Sure, it was a bit stalker-ish, but they were both so cute!  I dated both of them for a while, but decided to marry your father because he was the better kisser.  Who was the other guy?  Oh, you know him; he was here last Thanksgiving.  That's right; I used to make out with you father's friend Peter."


I hope they're both dating other people, too.

You don't have a problem with that, right?

- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Yeah I have no problem with that.

- Unsure



Dear Unsure,

Then clearly you shouldn't be with either of them.

- Bro Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...... the one line emails are a bit odd. I don't mean to be picking out the little details, but I know communication through the internet really is limited when trying to convey emotion. It is just important/respectful to try and communicate the best you can wherever you are, and that includes advise column emails Q&As. The single sentence response just tends to give the feeling that she's not happy with the answer, doesn't care what Bro Jo is saying anymore and wants to get him off her back.

But I could just be over-analyzing things. Keep searching Unsure!