Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Valentine's Proposal

Dear Bro Jo,

I found your blog near the start of summer last year, as I was just starting my second year as an efy counselor.

Well, my first co-counselor and I clicked really well, went on a few dates over the summer and into the semester.

We started dating seriously at the start of December, and honestly things have been amazing, lol.

I love her, my family loves her, her family is amazing and both our families connect well together, we've discussed many of the topics in your before getting engaged list, we have so many of the same, if not really close ideas on them, and I'm planning on bringing up the last few we haven't talked about before I actually do propose.

 (By the way, I'm not very good at describing things in detail if you can't tell.)

I'm planning on being romantic/cheesy and (sadly she has work ON Valentine’s) propose on the 13th (the day before Valentine’s Day).

I've never been even close to this point before, lol, do you have any suggestions for what I should do to prepare for it, make sure it's what I want and what The Lord wants, or any other suggestions in general? 

-M




Dear M,

Everything I might suggest is stuff that it sounds like you're already doing (meet her family, discuss the "before you get engaged" topics, have a plan, and PRAY) ... Good for You!

And congratulations!

A good marriage requires communication, sacrifice, and commitment. It's a tremendous amount of work ... and worth all of the work you can put in.

God bless,

- Bro Jo


Readers,

What do you think?

Good idea?

What else, if anything, do you think M needs to do before he pops the question?

- Bro Jo

No comments: