Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Courage to Go See the Bishop - Part 5

Dear Bro Jo,

He's called (Bishop's first name withheld) and he has (number of kids withheld) children!!

I'm scared about calling him!

Is it inappropriate to text him?!

Thanks so much!!!

- NW




Dear NW

You could text him.

But calling is better.

And it's okay to be scared.

Really.

It's not like you killed someone!

The point, NW, is that if you call him you'll be sure to meet with him.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Thanks for saying that it definitely made me feel better!

Okay, what number is it I need for him then?!

Or do I call the stake number to get it?!

- NW




Dear NW,

I found the home number for a (same name as the Bishop) in (a nearby town) . . . but I'm not sure it's the same guy . . . the phone number to your ward building is: (ward phone number withheld) try that first then you can try the Stake Center (Stake Center Number withheld)

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

You're so good at this, thank you! I'll try them!

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again,

- NW!!




Dear NW,

Cheers!

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Hey Bro Jo, I know it didn't happen as soon as it should so but I've finally got an appointment to see the Bishop tomorrow!

It maybe seems random that I'm emailing you but I just had such a nice experience!

I'm at a baptism and the Bishop just came to me and I felt the spirit so much it was so nice, I feel like a really strong connection with him as its like he's no longer a stranger!

It sounds like something out of a book but it was such a spiritual uplifting moment!!!

- NW




Dear NW,

Good for you, NW!

That's how the Lord works, I believe.

And look at the blessings that have come to you because you were in a good place doing a good thing!

Very cool.

Sounds like something one might want to write in one's journal . . .

All the best,

- Bro Jo




[Readers,

Now I know to some of you it’s going to seem like I was pushing pretty hard, and maybe that’s true. But I also think it’s true that Satan knows that if we put things off we’re less likely to do them. And I think, in this particular case, the writer needed some extra hand-holding and to be shown that she was making excuses (I was able to find all of the information she said she couldn't find simply using basic internet searches, even though I live very far away) and that making excuses can be dangerous. If I had any indication from her that I was pushing too hard I would have backed off, but the conversation was positive and she was grateful, so I kept pushing a little. I suggest that sometimes that little bit of encouragement, said with love, is what we all need from time to time.

Best to you all,

- Bro Jo]

No comments: