Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Courage to Go See the Bishop - Part 4

Dear Bro Jo,

I think that's what's holding me back from calling him because I'm in a new ward with a recently called Bishop!

I used to be in the First Location Withheld Ward but now I'm in the Fifth Location Withheld ward!

Do you think calling him is okay?!

Should I not just ask him tomorrow?!

I've never thought of it like that I guess it would make me a worse person if I wasn't going to the Bishop! 

You don't understand how much better you've made me feel!

I'm so glad I emailed you I know if I hadn't I definitely wouldn't of planned to go and see him!!!

- NW




Dear NW,

Ah!

The Fifth Location Withheld Ward - on Location Withheld Road. Bishop (Name Withheld)?

Yes, I think calling him is okay.

In fact, I think it's best to start there.

Just call and tell him you'd like to talk to him tomorrow and ask if that's okay.

He may have you call his Executive Secretary to make the appointment, which is totally okay.

Often the secretary has a better handle on the Bishop's schedule than he does.

If he offers to meet with you today . . . take it!

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Yepp that's my Bishop!!

How do you find out these things!!

I've just found out its the group meeting tomorrow so all the groups are together for the first lesson so I doubt I'll get chance to see him but I'm going to try!!

It's just hit me how silly I sound putting it off I don't feel so scared thinking about it you've definitely calmed my nerves!!

Thank you!!

I'm just going to see him as soon as I can tomorrow!!!

Thanks,

- NW!!!!!!




Dear NW,

Good for you! (I still think you should call and set an appointment . . . no excuses! Right?) 

You'll be fine.

And I'll be praying for you.

Cheers,

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

I don't want to ask anybody for his number so I'll settle for first thing at Church tomorrow!!

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again :)!

- NW!!!




Dear NW,

You don't want to ask because you're afraid it will raise suspicions, right?

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Yepp!

That's why I didn't want to go to the secretary person!

- NW




Dear NW,

You know, a need to repent is not the only reason people call the executive secretary and ask for an appointment with the Bishop . . .

What's your Bishop's first name?

(You can always look it up in the directory or on line.)

 Does he have any kids in your ward?

(Knowing that can help you find his number in the ward directory.)

I think your building's phone number is (ward building phone number withheld) you can also get his number by calling the Stake Center that number is (Stake Center Number withheld) (in case you were wondering) ;)

- Bro Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can also discretely find it in the ward directory on LDS.org. If you know your membership number you can get an account and BOOM! Where ever your records are, that wards information is right at your fingertips.

God made the internets for a reason :D