Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Update - Same Ol', Same Ol'

[Readers - the following is an update to a column I wrote titled "Same Ol', Same Ol'".  You can read the original letter and response HERE.]


Dear Bro Jo,

Oh, man - I just love how honest you are!

Really, I appreciate it and the good laughs that come with! It's a whole lot better seeing my actions through another person's eyes.

Haha. . .I can't say I didn't feel a little (or more like REALLY) silly and embarrassed when I read your response, but I am ever so grateful. Even when I wrote that email to you, I wasn't aware of how unclear my mind was. Things are clearer now (you can be more sure of that because of certain events that have recently taken place and reading your response, so you can take my word for it).

I'm just as confused as any girl can get. . .sigh. If it's against the rules to skip it all, then I’d rather just face it now. But, it's something to learn from, right? The harshness was also very much appreciated by the way - no need to apologize!

I just have to thank you for spending time reading my email - I can imagine how many emails you go through from teenagers like me (or maybe I’m the first. Hey, you need to start somewhere!). I don't mean to be another one to add to your list, but hopefully my situation has helped another person who may have been too embarrassed to ask maybe the same questions.

Thanks again Brother J.

-Same young woman



Anytime.

But hopefully not often.

;)

- Bro Jo

No comments: