Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting Married at BYU - (Dateless at BYU - Part 3)

[Readers - Do you remember the letter from "Dateless at BYU" that I published last March 19th? I published a followup last week, July 9th ("Heartbreak at BYU"). That second set of letters showed that 8 months of dating had ended in Heartbreak. Below is the comment she sent to me 8 months after that.


So now what do you think?

- Bro Jo]



Dear Bro Jo,

I was actually the one who wrote the original "Dateless at BYU" letter and the followup "Heartbroken at BYU".

I didn't go out of my comfort zone to feel better about myself. I don't need guys to feel good about myself.

I didn't want to lose out on something amazing because I was shy so I took your advice and talked to more guys. Talking to more guys led me to a relationship that ended up breaking my heart but I am so grateful for that experience because of who it taught me so much and helped me realize who I want to be . . . made me realize who I am.

It helped me see what I wanted in life and I started living towards that goal. I continued going out of my comfort zone and talking to guys and I have now found a wonderful man that I get to marry in the temple in two weeks. I was rejected a few times but it made me stronger for it and ready to meet my spouse.


Now I have met a wonderful man who I get to marry in the temple in two weeks. I am so grateful for all of my experiences as they have helped me be ready to meet my spouse.

- Getting Married at BYU



Dear Getting Married,

Good for you.

And congratulations!

All the best,

- Bro Jo

No comments: