Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Follow Up - First Kiss Fall Out

[Readers - A follow up to a letter posted on January 25th. Read the original HERE.]


Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you for your quick response, I thought it was going to take much longer then just a few days.

You are correct, no one (or) nothing can make me do anything. I should have worded it differently. It would've been better to say, that because of the extreme enforcement of the standards, that I was curious and I rebelled.

I had a talk with my very close cousin about this, whom I trust allot. She too told me that although what I did was wrong, it really is not very serious. I know that it seems strange for me (as a teenager who's hormones are raging) to feel so bad about it and to say that I didn't even enjoy it. I tried to remind myself that it wasn't as serious as I am making it, but the guilt and regret that I am feeling, isn't going away. Even though I have repented and asked for forgiveness. Maybe if I give myself more time, it will all pass.

But thank you for your advice, I appreciate the harsh kindness :)

(name withheld)


Dear NW,

Everything gets easier with time.

- Bro Jo

No comments: