Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, May 10, 2010

What does it mean when he stares?

Hi Bro Jo!

I am writing you from Geneva Switzerland..

Maybe you ll find my question a little weid but.. let's go. There is something.. I don't understand. What does it mean when a boy is looking a you without speaking to you ???

Thanks for the answer.

PS : I am 30.. but still need advices...



Hello Geneva!


It could mean lots of things . . .

You need to consider:

How far away is he?
(or how close?)

What's the expression on his face?

Have you met him before?

Is there something in your hair?

Do you remind him of someone?


Generally speaking, it means he finds you interesting to look at.

I hope that's good!

- Bro Jo


Dear Bro Jo,

hahah thanks for the answer ! it's funny !

ok, I am single girl. So sometimes those boys know me a little bit. I think that I can speak to thoses guys because I am shy..

I would like to but sometimes feel very shy with this.

How can I do ?

I think guys in the church are shy. Don't they ?



Dear Geneva,

Some times you just have to face your fears (or your shyness) in order to succeed in life.

The next time you catch a guy staring at you, go up to him and say "hello".

If he asks you why you came over, you say "I saw you staring at me" and ask "is there something you want to discuss?"

And let him decide what to do from there.

Yeah, we can all be shy, but use that as a starting point, not an excuse.

- Bro Jo

No comments: