Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Poem for an RM

Dear Bro Jo,

Hi there.

So I'm an RM that has a hard time reading girls, which I bet many guys fall into the category of. This is probably a really dumb question, but are there any particular ways to know if a girl has interest in you or if she just enjoys your company? There's one girl in my ward who talks to me every opportunity that she has, even if she's in a hurry, but I don't know if its just me wanting the attention, or if she's genuinely interested.

I really like her and want to ask her out, but I'm worried that I'm just taking the signals wrong. Any advice is welcome. Thanks so much.

-Clueless



Dear RM,

Ask her out, bro.
It's the only way to know.
And if she says "no"
She won't go
Then at least you'll know.

Seriously, make more dates and fewer excuses. It's just a date. Ask her.


- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Very nice poem and advice :). Thank you very much.

- RM


Dear RM,

Anytime, my brother. Anytime.

- Bro Jo

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very true. As a girl, I don't take time to talk to people I don't want to spend time with. Don't be a pansy.

Beth said...

i love the poem! :) very nicely done...

Julia said...

Honestly, the girl is probably really wishing he'd ask her out. Just do it!