Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Five Year Anniversary Approaching!

Readers,

On February 1st "Dear Bro Jo" will be celebrating our Five Year Anniversary!

I can't believe how fast five years have gone.  I'm grateful for your readership, your friendship and your fellowship.  Sister Jo and I have been strengthened by the testimonies you've shared as you've faced life's challenges, and by the positive examples you've set for us and the Jo Kids.  We hope in some small way this column has brought you joy, edification, and perhaps a little closer to Heavenly Father.

And I personally apologize to those whom I've offended; I'm sure there are many.  One can not be a publicly opinionated person without rubbing a few folks the wrong way; I hope I've stayed true to the teachings of the Gospel and the teachings of the Church, but I'm sure I have not been perfect.  In that light, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Anniversaries, of any kind, can (and IMHO, should) be a time of reflection and opportunity for improvement.  So with that I invite you to offer some suggestions on what we can do to make this page better.  While I can't quickly change who I am, I do promise to consider (and if appropriate respond to) all suggestions and comments . . . SO HAVE AT IT!

What can we, here at "Dear Bro Jo" do to make this a better experience for you?

(You can post comments here, or send me an email by clicking on my signature below.)

With love and blessings wished for all of you,

- Bro Jo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a suggestion, you could have a tab section that leads people to age/gender based posts. For example "Sisters in High School" or "Single RMs" or "Married Couples with Teenage Kids." I feel like that might help followers looking for posts closer to what they need will be able to find them easier. Thank you for your blog :)

Becky said...

Just keep going - you are doing great!