Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Follow Up - To Prom or Not - Take 2

Readers - Do you remember the Girl that wasn't sure if she should go to the Prom? The original letter can be read HERE.

Below is a follow-up email she sent me.

- Bro Jo



Dear Bro Jo,

Thank you!

That helped a LOT! I was leaning in that direction, but everyone kept saying that I should go so I didn't miss out on such a big event. I had a really busy weekend anyway, so I turned him down by saying that I had a bunch of family coming in town because my brother was getting baptized (he really is :]) and I'd be spending time with my family all day, and that I thought it was more important to go to that than prom, so I was sorry, but I'd have to turn him down. I thought that was a pretty smooth way to reinforce that I put my beliefs in front of him, don't you think ;)

I actually got asked by another guy not too long after, but I turned him down too.. and I'm really happy with my decision. Yeah, I'll miss Junior Prom, but that's okay! It's not the end of the world.. and I can always go on a date with guy #2 later. But I'll have my family for forever and having them all in one place is something that doesn't happen too often.. So I think I'm going to make the best of it. Plus.. There's always next year! :)

Thanks again!

- Magnet

No comments: