Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Should She Tell Him?

Dear Bro Jo,

So it's me again! Well remember that guy that I told you I met at LDS prom and I wanted to ask me on a date? Well, he did! My friend called him and told him to ask me and we went on a double date back in May and had a great time! (The drive apparently was not a problem). So at that point I knew I liked him. We went on another group date in July and by then I didn't think I liked him anymore.

We didn't talk as much during the summer, but he came down again in August to hang out with me and some other people in my old stake (wasn't a date this time)...then I wasn't sure if I liked him. I went to a talent show his stake had last weekend. And since then we have been talking pretty much everyday on the phone and I realized I really do like him...a lot. Yeah I seem to change my mind a lot, but I think the more I got to know him the more I realized I actually did like him.

He is really good friends with my best friend and he told her two weeks ago that he liked me, and he wanted to know if I liked him. This was when I was in the unsure phase so that's what she told him and I haven't told her that I do because I didn't want her to tell him. Well today him and his sister came down again to hang out with me and some friends in my ward. He called me tonight and one of the people who was hanging out with us had told him to just straight up ask me if he likes me...so he did.

Well here's what I'm getting at...I don't really want to tell him. If I say yes then we have to deal with trying to keep things from trying to not seem like a relationship and I really do want to follow the casual group dating counsel the prophets have given us. So should I tell him or what?

Signed,

Confused!



Dear Confused,

If you don't want to tell him, then don't.

Sister Jo says it's better to keep guys guessing anyway, besides: you're right, you don't want to get into a relationship right now. When you're older, yes. Now? No.  Keep Casual Group Dating.

- Bro Jo

No comments: